1. How to start?To start using our Agriculture APIs and receiving satellite imagery and weather, please kindly register on our website and get an API key. Here is the link that leads to the registration process. After registration, please set up polygons so you can get geodata for your crops. You can use Query Builder as an additional instrument, which helps you to get polygons in GeoJSON format.
2. How to set up polygons?Using our intelligible and detailed step-by-step instruction you can easily create polygons. To check, edit or delete polygons, please refer to our API documentation.
3. Where can I find information about my API keys, polygons, payments, etc.?We have lots of features and tabs in your account that help you to set up and manage your subscription. Please find the detailed description of each tab here.
4. What means as an "API call"?One API call means one request with your personal API key directly to any service from the list of Agriculture APIs. A call to a tile service is also considered as an API request.
5. What counts as a "call per minute"?The number of API calls per minute means the number of requests that are made using one API key per minute.
6. Are there any discounts and additional conditions? Is it possible to get a separate tariff for requesting only satellite images without weather data?If you have studied our Price page and have not found a suitable tariff, please contact our support team to discuss your requirements. We would be glad to provide you with a special offer.
1. What is the minimum / maximum area of a polygon?The area of a polygon should be at least 1 hectare and not more than 3,000 hectares.
2. What happens if I create a polygon that is greater than or less than the specified minimum / maximum area limit?You will receive an error message in API response. So, please be careful with the limit.
3. Is it possible to create a new polygon if I have already reached the available limit of my tariff?Yes, it's possible. At the end of the billing period, we will send you an invoice that you can pay by Wire transfer, PayPal, Credit card or debit card via PayPal. If we do not receive your payment, we will suspend your account. Limits of your tariff you can find here.
4. What is a format of data is used to specify the polygon?GeoJSON format is used to specify the geometry of the polygon. Please note that the coordinates of the points have the following order - longitude, latitude. You can learn more about this format in the RFC specification.
5. How do you calculate the total area of the polygons? For example, I can load 100 polygons, but query only one of them.The total area includes all polygons that you have created in the system. For example, if you create 100 polygons but only query one of them, our system still calculates that you have 100 polygons. That is, all polygons you create are relevant, even if you do not query them.
6. The number of pixels in the current polygon with satellite Sentinel-2 differs from the number of pixels in the same polygon with satellite Landsat 8. Why?The difference in pixel quantity based on different scale (resolution) of Landsat-8 and Sentinel-2 (nominal value is 30 for Landsat and 10-20 for Sentinel – based on channel). However, in the moment of loading images in our platform we transform data from the original system of coordinates and projection (basically zonal UTM projection) into cylindrical Mercator projection (web Merkator), and cut data into tiles according to the standard tile scheme. In this case maximum scale (zoom level) for Sentinel=14 (one pixel=9.547m), for Landsat=13 (one pixel=19.093m). More details can be found here. Please take into consideration that it is not correct to count the area size depending on these pixels.
1. How do we process satellite imageryPlease read the article 'How do we process satellite imagery so that customer can operate with Ready-to-use Data' in our Blog.
2. I tried to fetch past one month historical NDVI data for my polygon, I was hoping to see 30 records, but in turn there were only several records. Why?We are using data of two programs: Landsat-8 (one satellite) and Sentinel-2 (2 satellites). According to the documentation of Sentinel-2 periodicity of scanning depends on the latitude and vary from 3 to 5 days. For Landsat-8 periodicity is 16 days. Moreover, if you use free account, our database will not load scenes with cloudiness more than 0 percent. For paid subscriptions we download almost all images, and it gives more details.
3. What are the default value and the best value for resolution_min/ resolution_ma (px/meters), clouds_max, coverage_max?Minimum resolution for Sentinel-2 = 10m, Landsat 8 = 30m. By default, there are no limitations on cloudiness and coverage. Best possible values are < 5% for cloudiness and 100 for coverage.
Satellite imagery API
Please, contact our support team for any questions.